Sunday, October 01, 2006

Spring 2007 Ready-to-Wear Favorites

I was browsing through the Spring 2007 Ready-to-Wear shows on style.com, and I just wanted to share some of my favorite looks and trends for the upcoming season. Even though some might think it's a little early to start planning their wardrobe for next spring, I say if the fashion pros can do it, then so can we here at "The Fashion Blog"...

My absolute favorite collection was Christopher Bailey's for Burberry Prorsum. I loved everything from his neutral color palate to the high, cinched waists and little ankle boots. I didn't love the large headbands, but I'm excited to translate that into smaller, more flattering headbands paired with a collared coat complete with little belled sleeves.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My other favorite came from Bottega Veneta, which was a little surprising. I was taken with their flattering silhouettes and soft, neutral colors (again). The collection was sophisticated and simple - perfect for spring.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As always I loved Missoni's prints and billowy dresses. In this particular collection I liked the details - large pockets and sky-high platforms.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Two items of special note: Alice Roi's white coat and Blumarine's navy, ruffeled dress. I could picture throwing that white coat over all kinds of outfits - dresses, trousers and blouses, even jeans and t-shirts. It looks like the perfect light topper for any spring day. Blumarine's navy dress looks like it would be the favorite party dress of the season - hem above-the-knee (big spring trend) but nothing indecent, slight nostalgic retro feel but still contemporary.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last but not least, my favorite new designer is Phillip Lim (for 3.1 Phillip Lim). His designs are young and fresh, and I will definitely be interested in seeing what he has to offer in future collections.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting