Thursday, September 28, 2006

Gotta Love Gunn


I am obsessed with Project Runway. I watch it every Wednesday at 7 p.m. I have my favorites (Michael and Jeffrey) and my not-so-favorites (Angela and Vincent). But during the last two seasons, my reason for watching the show has slowly shifted from being interested in watching the whole creative process unfold to being interested in the man rooting for all the contestants to "carry on" after sharing his helpful words of design wisdom. Tim Gunn is by far and away the most awesomest part of Project Runway.

On Thursday mornings - after having watched the show and discussing it thoroughly with the roommate - I turn on Tim's podcast to get a blow-by-blow of the episode from his insider perspective. Besides his never-ending fashion knowledge (after being at Parson's for nearly 25 years) and keen, dry wit, Tim brings a genuineness and likeability to the fashion industry, which is usually known for its shallowness and cutthroat ways. Even though I love fashion and most everything associated with it, I started to think that maybe this particular industry was suited only to a certain type of (not very nice) person. But now I realize that's not the case, and I have Tim to thank for that. His openness, thoughtfulness and caring personality are inspirational to anyone thinking of venturing into that daunting industry. And that is why I've gotta love Tim Gunn.

Tim's Blog