Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Karl Lagerfeld to the Rescue




According to all the fashion insiders, Karl Lagerfeld may have single handedly saved the future of Parisian haute couture. His use of ultra-light weight fabrics, and slim sillouhettes are apparently just what was needed to lure in the next generation of fashion elite consumers.

Lagerfeld does not necessarily share the views that others have of him, stating: "My future is Chanel, the future of the other couture houses I don't really know. I only care what I'm doing. I'm not there to save the corporations. It's up to them to make an effort to save it."

Karl is said to have drawn inspiration from 60s "It Girl" Edie Sedgwick, eliminating skirts from the collection, and pairing black tights instead with the iconic tweed jacket of Chanel.