Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Leggings: Love Them or Leave Them?

When the trend of leggings first came out, I was 100% on the side of "OMG, you've got to be kidding me! Those are in style again?" I was never one to think that fashion from my childhood was overly great, and should be granted a second chance. But ever so slowly, the leggings grew on me. It started out at first with me buying them just to sleep in. "No one but my boyfriend will see me in them," I reasoned to myself. Then I started to wear them out to breakfast on a Sunday morning. "Only strangers I'll never see again will see them on me." But now, I dare say, I wear them out in the sunlight, during the week. Around people I see quite frequently. They are just so comfortable. Much more comfortable than jeans. And paired with the right shirt and other accessories, can even be passed off as acceptable for work. I know most people out there hate the legging trend, and wish it would die a quick death. I used to be there. Now, not so much. What are your thoughts?