Friday, May 11, 2007

Go. Figure


My friend and I were walking through Target a couple days ago, scouring the area for some colorful, cute party plates and decorations. Almost at the exact same time we spotted the new Go. International line, featuring designer Patrick Robinson, and rushed over to check it out. I’ve always been intrigued by the Go. International concept – high-fashion designers making clothes for the average budget. But I’ve never literally bought into the clothing until now. From what I saw, Robinson has created a line that appeals to my sense of summer style – flowing dresses and camisoles, light cardigans, cuffed shorts and well-cut swimsuits – and all with incredible details and prints.

My favorite item in the collection is this granite, above-the-knee skirt. I love it not only because gray is my new black for summer, but I also love the almost-paper-bag cinched waist and the raw-edged tiers at the bottom. Admittedly I’m not a huge fan of the “medallion” print items, but I can find so many other pieces that I love, that it’s hard to focus on the negative.

Patrick Robinson might not be as well known to most of America as other Go. designers like Luella Bartley, Behnaz Sarafpour and Proenza Schouler, but he has been in the industry for a long time working at big-name houses that most people would recognize. Before starting his own label in 1996, Robinson designed for Giorgio Armani and Anne Klein. In 2003, he was named Creative Director of Perry Ellis Women’s Sportswear, and in 2005, he was name Artistic Director for Paco Rabbane.

His line for Go. International will only be available until July 15, before L.A.-based label, Libertine will premier their collection.