Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Celebrity Spotlight: Zhang Ziyi

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I’ve always thought that Zhang Ziyi was a cute girl. Her dresses are usually a classic dress that will still look beautiful years from now. She really broke into the scene in the US when Memoirs of a Geisha came out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here Zhang is at a conference in Beijing for Maybelline. I think this jacket is really cute and simple. I’m not 100% on pairing it with that shirt. But separately I think they are both cute. And it is workable together.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I find this outfit really cute and casual. Perfect for a day of shopping or running errands. She chose to wear this to a German festival. I think the jacket she chose is a really nice touch.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I’m not sure what event Zhang wore this dress to, just that it was worn in Seoul. I think this goddess look is always cute, as long as it isn’t over done.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also have no idea where this dress was worn, but I for some reason really like this dress. I know it’s a little out there, but it still really caught my eye.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She wore this dress to a SAG awards ceremony. It’s one of the dresses I can really take or leave. It has some nice detail.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Zhang wore this dress to the 2006 Oscars. It is definitely not one of my favorites. The top I love. It has really great detail. But the bottom I could really do without. I think that something more similar to the top would look best.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lovely. Hair. Makeup. Accessories. All perfect.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the premiere of Memoirs of a Geisha in Tokyo. This isn’t a dress that I would ever wear (or recommend anyone else wearing necessarily) but I think on her, it looks kind of cute.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the Hollywood premiere of here movie. I find it very elegant with the long train.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think that this may very well be my favorite dress I’ve seen on her. It’s her choice for the 2006 BAFTAs. I love the dress, and the accessories. She really looks beautiful.

And lastly, one of the few glaring missteps in her fashion choices…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It’s at the MTV Movie Awards, so that explains the kind of casual look to it. But it is still a rather odd choice.